ANAESTHESIA ADMISSION 2015 Click here
The Jos University Teaching hospital was established by an act of parliament in 1981 by the then President Shehu Shagari administration. The General Hospital was established by the Colonial administration in 1929 as a native hospital to serve the general public, unlike its then counterpart the European Hospital (Plateau Specialist Hospital) which served the Colonial masters and later a few Nigerians of the high echelon in the civil service as well. In 1976 the general hospital was renamed Murtala Muhammed General Hospital in Honor of the then head of state.
Prof Edmund Banwat is the Chief Medical Director of Jos University Teaching Hospital.